- About Us
- Terms of Service
- Contact Us
- WL MILESTONES
- August 2012
Investor/Advisor Steve Bennett is tapped to head Symantec. Congratulations, Steve. Symantec is very lucky to have you at the helm.
- July 2012
Redbook article features WhiteLabel Founder Michele Colucci
- March 2012
First cases connected via MyLawsuit.com (DuPuy Hip Implant Case & Patent Case)
MyLawsuit.com Videos go Viral!
- February 2012
Stanford Global Entrepreneur Marketing Team chooses MyLawsuit.com as their semester project (add photo of GEM team)
MLS launches its Contingency Fee Lawyers LinkedIn Group http://linkd.in./linkedinlegal
MLS participates in Funders and Founders Law+Tech – The Unpopulated Multi-Billion Dollar Industry
- October 2011
MyLawSuit.com: The Painless Co-Pilot for Your Legal Issues
MLS Featured in INC Magazine online http://bit.ly/IncMagazine
- July 2011
MLS launches its Twitter Presence - 261 Followers https://twitter.com/#!/MyLawsuit
- February 2011
MLS launches its Facebook Presence – 939 Likes https://www.facebook.com/mylawsuit
- April 2011
CEO Michele Colucci named one of the 2011 Women of Influence by the Silicon Valley/San Jose Business Journal.
- January 2011
Stanford University's Global Entrepreneurial Marketing Program invites Michele Colucci to be Stanford Engineering School invites Michele Colucci to be a Guest Lecturer and Mentor for the Entrepreneurship and Global Marketing programs.
- November 2010
MyLawsuit.com gets second place in the Los Angeles Innovate 100! Pitch Slam Competition sponsored by The Guidewire Group.
- August 2010
CEO Michele Colucci became a Featured Blogger in the business section of the Huffington Post
- February 2010
MyLawsuit.com's CEO Michele Colucci is chosen as one of the top five women run technology businesses in the Catalyst competition sponsored by Girls in Tech
- December 2009
Successes of 2009
- January 2009
Profiled in Silicon Valley Business Journal - "Need a lawyer? You can look here"
- November 2008
Featured in San Jose Mercury News - "Silicon Valley startups weathering the financial storm"
- August 2012
Terms of Service Agreement for Plaintiffs and Attorneys
PLEASE CAREFULLY REVIEW THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE BEFORE USING MYLAWSUIT.COM.
Attorney further acknowledges, understands, and consents to the following rules for this Service:
- Accepting the Terms
- BY ACCESSING AND/OR USING MYLAWSUIT.COM, YOU (“User”) AGREE TO BE LEGALLY BOUND BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET FORTH HEREIN (the “Agreement”). If at any time User does not agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of this Agreement, User must cease using MyLawsuit.com immediately. By using the information, tools, features and functionality located on MyLawsuit.com (together the “Service” or the “Company”), you agree to be bound by this Agreement, whether you are a “Visitor” (which means that you simply browse the MyLawsuit.com website) or you are a “User” (which means that you have registered with MyLawsuit.com).
- If you accept this Agreement, you represent that you have the capacity to be bound by it and that you have read and understood all of the terms and conditions expressed herein and that you have had the opportunity to consult with Counsel and declined or you have already consulted with Counsel about anything you did not understand.
- Availability and Eligibility
- The MyLawsuit.com Site and Services are available only to, and may only be used by, individuals who can form legally binding contracts under applicable law. Without limiting the foregoing, our services are not available to children (persons under the age of 18).
- If you register with the Site, your account User ID and password may not be transferred, assigned, loaned, given or sold to another party, and that any attempted transfer, loan or assignment shall be void and shall constitute a material breach of these Terms and Conditions.
- You further agree that the Company may at any time, at its sole discretion, and without prior notice to you, transfer or assign the information contained in our profile and any or all of its rights and/or obligations for your account hereunder in its free, sole, and unfettered discretion at any time, to an affiliated or non-affiliated Company.
- This Agreement is not for the benefit of any third party, and shall not be deemed to grant any right or remedy to any third party whether or not referred to in this Agreement.
- Privacy and your Personal Information
- Registration Information
- You agree and understand that you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password which, together with your LoginID and e-mail address, allows you to access the Service. Your Login ID and password, together with any mobile number or other contact information you provide, form your “Registration Information.”
- By providing us with your e-mail address, you agree to receive all required notices electronically, to that e-mail address. It is your responsibility to update or change that address, as appropriate. Notices will be provided in HTML (or, if your system does not support HTML, in plain-text) in the text of the e-mail or through a link to the appropriate page on our site, accessible through any standard, commercially available internet browser.
- If you become aware of any unauthorized use of your Registration Information, you agree to notify MyLawsuit.com immediately at the email address - firstname.lastname@example.org - and hold MyLawsuit.com harmless from the results of any unauthorized use.
- Use of the Service
- Your right to access and use MyLawsuit.com and the Service is personal to you and is not transferable by you to any other person or entity. You are granted a nonexclusive access to use our web site and its contents that is and limited in accordance with these Terms of Service. You are only entitled to access and use MyLawsuit.com for lawful purposes.
- In order for attorneys to use this site, attorneys must provide true, accurate, current and complete records and information about your account, and you may not misrepresent any information including but not limited to your Registration Information and your professional qualifications and status. In order for the Service to function effectively, you must also keep your Registration Information up to date and accurate. Your failure to provide accurate and current information will adversely impact the accuracy and effectiveness of the Service.
- Your access and use of MyLawsuit.com may be interrupted from time to time for any of several reasons, including, without limitation, the malfunction of equipment, periodic updating, maintenance or repair of MyLawsuit.com or other actions that may occur and/or that MyLawsuit.com, in its sole discretion, may elect to take.
- Rights You Grant to Us
- MyLawsuit.com’s Intellectual Property Rights
- The contents of MyLawsuit.com, including its “look and feel” (e.g., text, graphics, images, logos and button icons), photographs, editorial content, notices, software (including html-based computer programs) and other material are protected under both United States and other applicable copyright, trademark and other laws. MyLawsuit.com grants you the right to view and use the Service subject to these terms. You may download or print a copy of information provided on MyLawsuit.com for your personal, internal and non-commercial use only. Any distribution, reprint or electronic reproduction of any content from MyLawsuit.com in whole or in part for any other purpose is expressly prohibited without our prior written consent. Use of the site is an acknowledgement that all content is the property of MyLawsuit and that MyLawsuit owns all rights, including copyrights in and to the content. By accessing this information, you agree that you will not use it for any unintended purpose including but not limited to use for competitive endeavors, adversarial activities or corporate espionage. You also agree you will not remove, scrape, copy or otherwise emulate any of the information on this site.
- Access and Interference
You agree that you will not:
- Use any robot, spider, scraper, deep link or other similar automated data gathering or extraction tools, program, algorithm or methodology to access, acquire, copy or monitor MyLawsuit.com or any portion of MyLawsuit.com, without the Company’s express written consent, which may be withheld in its sole discretion;
- Use or attempt to use any engine, software, tool, agent, or other device or mechanism (including without limitation browsers, spiders, robots, avatars or intelligent agents) to navigate or search MyLawsuit.com, other than the search engines and search agents available through the Service and other than generally available third-party web browsers (such as Microsoft Explorer);
- Post or transmit any file which contains viruses, worms, Trojan horses or any other contaminating or destructive features, or that otherwise interfere with the proper working of MyLawsuit.com or the Service; or
- Attempt to decipher, decompile, disassemble, or reverse-engineer any of the software comprising or in any way making up a part of MyLawsuit.com or the Service.
- Use this site to attempt commercial exploitation.
- You understand that MyLawsuit.com tracks any such use and you will be prosecuted to the full extend of the law should you misuse the site and it’s information in this manner.
- Rules for Posting
As part of the Service, MyLawsuit.com allows Users to post content on bulletin boards, blogs and at various other publicly available locations on the Service. You agree in posting content to follow certain rules.
- You are responsible for all content you submit to MyLawsuit.com.
- By submitting content to us, you represent that you have all necessary rights and hereby grant us a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sublicenseable and transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, modify, display, and perform all or any portion of the content in connection with MyLawsuit.com and our business, including without limitation for promoting and redistributing part or all of the site (and derivative works thereof) in any media formats and through any media channels. You also hereby grant each User a non-exclusive license to access your posted content through MyLawsuit.com, and to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display and perform such content as permitted through the functionality of MyLawsuit.com and under this Agreement.
- You may not post or transmit any message, data, image or program that would violate the property rights of others, including unauthorized copyrighted text, images or programs, trade secrets or other confidential proprietary information, and trademarks or service marks used in an infringing fashion.
- You may not post or transmit any message which is libelous or defamatory, or which discloses private or personal matters concerning any person. You may not post or transmit any message, data, image or program that is indecent, obscene, pornographic, harassing, threatening, abusive, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive; that encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or violate any law; or that is otherwise inappropriate.
- You may not interfere with other Users’ use of the Service, including, without limitation, disrupting the normal flow of dialogue in an interactive area of MyLawsuit.com, deleting or revising any content posted by another person or entity, or taking any action that imposes a disproportionate burden on the Service infrastructure or that negatively affects the availability of the Service to others.
- You may not copy or use personal identifying or business contact information about other Users. Unsolicited e-mails, mailings, telephone calls, or other communications to individuals or companies whose contact details you obtain through the Service are prohibited.
- You agree that we may use any feedback, suggestions, or ideas you post in any way, including in future modifications of the Service, other products or services, advertising or marketing materials. You grant us a perpetual, worldwide, fully transferable, sublicensable, non-revocable, fully paid-up, royalty free license to use the feedback you provide to us in any way.
- You represent that all information that you (or anyone you allow to interact on your behalf) post on the site is accurate and current. You agree to be responsible for any and all damages, direct or indirect, resulting from providing inaccurate or outdated information and agree to reimburse MyLawsuit.com for any direct or indirect costs of litigation resulting from your failure to provide accurate or outdated information.
- Unlawful Activity
MyLawsuit has the right to investigate complaints or violations to the Terms of Service and to take all actions deemed appropriate, including but not limited to, reporting suspected unlawful activity to local authorities and state regulators, or others, and disclosing any information necessary to such authorities and entities regarding posted materials, user profiles, e-mail addresses, and usage history, amongst other information.
- DMCA Policy
- Company takes claims of copyright infringement very seriously. Our policy for handling claims of infringement is to have our designated agent review and respond to notices of infringement when a DMCA compliant notice is provided to us.
- The Digital Millennium Copyright Act requires that all infringement claims must be in writing and must include the following information:
- A description of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed;
- A description of the infringing material and information reasonably sufficient to permit MyLawsuit.com to locate the material;
- Your contact information, including your mailing address, telephone number, and email address;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- A statement, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner; and
- A physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner or the person authorized to act on its behalf.
- In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA"), Company has designated an agent to receive notification of alleged copyright infringement occurring on the Site. If you believe that your copyrighted work is being infringed, notify the designated agent specified below:
Attn: DMCA Designated Agent
995 Woodside Road, Suite 400
Woodside, CA 94062
- All notices, payments, statements or other documents that any party to this Agreement is required to or elects to give to the other party hereto will be in writing and will be delivered in one of the following ways:
- Personal delivery;
- Addressing the notice to MyLawsuit.com at 2995 Woodside Road, Suite 400; Woodside, CA 94062 or to YOU at the address provided in your User profile, and depositing the same registered or certified mail, postage prepaid, in the United States mail;
- Federal Express;
- Facsimile transmission, or
- E-mail and transmission by first class U.S. mail.
- In addition, Company may make change to these Terms and Conditions by posting notice of such change on the front page or User Home Page in its web site located at http://www.MyLawsuit.com. Such notice, statement or other document so delivered, except as this Agreement expressly provides otherwise, shall be conclusively deemed to have been given when posted or actually received (personal delivery, Federal Express, facsimile transmission or Email), or three (3) business days after.
- Entire Agreement
- This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement of the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof, and supersedes and cancels all other prior agreements, discussion, or representations, whether written or oral. No officer, employee or representative of Company or You has any authority to make any representation or promise in connection with this Agreement or the subject matter thereof which is not contained expressly in this Agreement; and, Company and You hereby acknowledge and agree that neither Company nor You have entered into this Agreement in reliance upon any such representation or promise.
- No modification of this Agreement, in whole or in part, shall be enforceable unless reduced to writing and signed by duly authorized representatives of the parties hereto.
- In the event any one or more of the provisions contained in this Agreement is deemed unlawful, void or unenforceable by any arbitrator or court of competent jurisdiction, this Agreement as a whole shall not be deemed unlawful, void or unenforceable, but only that portion of this Agreement that is unlawful, void or unenforceable shall be stricken from this Agreement and the rest shall remain in full force and effect.
- You agree that MyLawsuit.com does have the right to release any legal right or remedy which is contained in the Agreement (or which MyLawsuit.com has the benefit of under any applicable law). This will not be taken to be a formal waiver of MyLawsuit.com’s rights and that those rights or remedies will still be available to MyLawsuit.com.
- All covenants, agreements, representations and warranties made in this Agreement shall survive your acceptance of this Agreement and the termination of this Agreement.
A waiver by either party of any term or condition of this Agreement in any one instance shall not be deemed or construed to be a waiver of such term or condition for any similar instance in the future of any subsequent breach hereof. All rights, remedies, undertakings, obligations and agreements contained in this Agreement shall be cumulative and none of them shall be a limitation of any other remedy, right, undertaking, obligation, or agreement.
- Your Indemnification of MyLawsuit.com
You shall defend, indemnify and hold harmless MyLawsuit.com and its officers, directors, shareholders, contractors, employees and other users, from and against all claims and expenses, including but not limited to legal fees, in whole or in part arising out of or attributable to any breach of this Agreement by you.
- Governing Law and Forum for Disputes
This Agreement, and your relationship with MyLawsuit.com under this Agreement, shall be governed and construed by the laws of the State of California without regard to its conflict or choice of law provisions. Any dispute with MyLawsuit.com, or its officers, directors, employees, contractors, agents or affiliates, arising under or in relation to this Agreement shall be resolved exclusively through the small-claims court of the Superior Court of California within the county of San Mateo, California, except with respect to imminent harm requiring temporary or preliminary injunctive relief in which case MyLawsuit.com may seek such relief in any court with jurisdiction over the parties.
- Binding Arbitration
Any and all disputes including but not limited to the interpretation of or any performance under this Agreement which are not first resolved informally, shall be determined by binding arbitration in San Mateo County, California, in accordance with the rules of the American Arbitration Association. The final award in any such arbitration proceeding shall be subject to entry as a judgment by any court of competent jurisdiction, provided that such judgment does not conflict with the terms and provisions hereof. The jurisdiction of the arbiter (or arbiters) with respect to legal matters shall be limited only by the statutory and common law of the State of California and the United States.
- Legal Fees, Costs
If suit, action or arbitration is brought to enforce or interpret any provision of this Agreement, or the rights or obligations of any party hereto as they relate to the subject matter of this Agreement, the prevailing party shall be entitled to recover, as an element of such party's costs of suit, and not as damages, all reasonable costs and expenses incurred or sustained by such prevailing party in connection with such suit or action or arbitration, including, without limitation, Lawyers' fees and expenses and court costs.
- Legal Remedies
- Nothing in this paragraph shall preclude either party from seeking and obtaining any injunctive relief or other provisional remedy available in a court of law, including, specifically, Company's right to prejudgment attachment and expedited discovery. In addition to the foregoing, the parties hereby agree that as part of the consideration for this Agreement, they waive the right to a trial by jury for any dispute arising between them that is in any way related to the subject matter of this Agreement, provided that the arbitration provisions of this paragraph are waived or are otherwise inapplicable. Should any legal fees, costs, or other expenses be incurred by any party to enforce this arbitration and jury waiver provision, the prevailing party shall be entitled to recover such legal fees, costs, or other expenses without regard to whether such party prevails in the underlying case.
- Notwithstanding the foregoing, if for any reason any matter or dispute arising under this Agreement is not resolved by binding Arbitration, or if any of the proceedings or decisions of the Arbitration must be enforced by a court of competent jurisdiction, User agrees that in case of any litigation regarding this Agreement or the various subject matters hereof, that the venue for such litigation shall be, depending on by the subject matter of the dispute, either the Municipal Court of San Mateo, California; the Superior Court of San Mateo, California; or the United States District Court for the Northern District of California, San Mateo. Licensee hereby consents and stipulates to the jurisdiction of the Courts of the State of California and the United States District Court, Northern District of California.
At MyLawsuit.com, we respect the privacy and concerns of our users. We use the information you provide to us for our normal course of business and share that information with a select group of trusted providers.
What Information Is Collected?
"Personally identifiable information" means any information that may be used to identify an individual, including, but not limited to, a first and last name, home or other physical address, an email address, phone number or other contact information, whether at work or at home. When you use our website MyLawsuit.com collects from you the following personally identifiable information: first and last name, city, state and zip code, email address, birthday, email address and phone number.
As a client or potential client, you also post your case information. Note that case information is not attorney-client privileged, and therefore, you should not include any privileged material in your case information as it could be considered discoverable evidence or testimony. For attorneys, you post your credentials and qualifications.
MyLawsuit.com also automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, cookie information and the page you request. You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features.
How Is Such Information Used?
When you give us your contact information, we use that information to post cases, enable bids on cases, stay in touch with our users, and help encourage users to stay in touch with each other. Case information is used to invite bids from attorneys and may also be used anonymously to provide you with better resources for litigation. Attorney credentials are used to allow clients to learn more about attorneys listed on the site.
Your personally identifiable information may also be used to provide you with new product information and support services offered on the website, to notify you of technical updates or changes in policy, or to deliver other services.
Disclosure of Information to Protect Our Rights or Required by Law
MyLawsuit.com reserves the right (and you authorize MyLawsuit.com) to share or disclose your personal information when we determine, in our sole discretion, that the disclosure of such information is necessary or appropriate.
Case information is used to invite bids from attorneys. We give out your contact information if you request we give it to an attorney you've selected (or if you're an attorney, once a client requests it).
Personally identifiable information collected from you is only used to complete and support your use of our website, assist MyLawsuit.com in providing more resources to you, and to comply with any requirements of law. Examples of these instances include: when required by law or pursuant to a valid subpoena; when requested from regulatory agencies; to subcontractors or individuals we hire to work for our website; to the agencies that assist us in verifying information; to companies we hire to perform analysis, development and other functions for us; to our employees; and to law enforcement.
Notwithstanding the above, MyLawsuit.com may share your information in an aggregate, but non-personally identifiable, with its affiliates and partners. Furthermore, if we merge with, or are acquired by, another company, or sell all or substantially all of our relevant assets, or file for bankruptcy, we may be required to disclose your personally identifiable information to the acquirer.
You Have Control Over Access
You may correct, amend or delete any information you provide to us by clicking here.
The Security of Your Information
We will take reasonable precautions to protect information in our possession from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is, however, 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
MyLawsuit.com is not intended for or directed to persons under the age of 18. Any person who provides their information to MyLawsuit.com represents to us that they are 18 years of age or older.
If you use a blog or community forum on this website, you should be aware that any personally identifiable information you submit there can be read, collected, or used by other users of these forums, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the personally identifiable information you choose to submit in our blogs or forums. Therefore, if you post your case information or other information in any of our public areas, you do so at your own risk.
Links to Other Sites
MyLawsuit.com operates "AS-IS" and "AS-AVAILABLE," without liability of any kind. We are not responsible for events beyond our direct control.
Contact MyLawsuit.com If You Have Any Questions or Concerns
- Practice of law
- You acknowledge that mylawsuit.com ("company") is not involved in the practice of law nor undertaking any legal representation. Use of the company's services is not intended to and does not create a lawyer-client relationship between the company and you.
- Because Company does not engage in the practice of law, we do not give any legal advice nor should you rely on anything you see on this site as giving any legal advice. This Company is not operating as a lawyer or legal referral service or a matching service. We are most akin to a listing service and any and all information obtained through, by or in this site that comes from Company should be recognized, viewed and accepted as not coming from a Lawyer. The Lawyers on this site are not Company employees, agents or representatives and DO NOT pay to be listed on this site or pay the Company a fee of any kind.
- Public areas
- You acknowledge and understand that company is not responsible for, nor can it control, the use by others of any information which you provide to them through the public areas, or otherwise, and that you have been advised that you should use caution in selecting the personal information you provide to others through the public areas.
- You further acknowledge and agree that all messages or content posted by you or others in any public areas of company's website shall be deemed to be readily accessible to the general legal community and consequently should not be considered private or confidential. You should not use the public areas for any communication that you intend only you and the intended recipient(s) to read. Notice is hereby given that all messages entered into the public areas can and may be viewed by company, its employees and representatives in the ordinary course of business, whether or not they are the intended recipient(s).
- Accuracy of information
- You acknowledge and understand that company is not responsible for, nor can it control, the information provided by lawyer-users or client-users on this website. While we seek to provide highly accurate information, we make no claim, guarantee, or promise about the truthfulness, accuracy, or completeness contained or linked to the mylawsuit.com site.
- You have been advised that any Client-User should independently check, through the local or State bar, the accuracy of the information provided by the Lawyer-Users including but limited to the status of their license, existence of malpractice insurance and any other information about them or that they input or convey to You in any way. You should also verify with the Lawyer-User, to Client-User's satisfaction, the veracity of statements made by Lawyer-User and the same should hold true for statements made by Client-Users to Lawyer-Users.
- You are advised that we do not make any representation that the quality of the legal representation of the lawyers on our site will be different (greater or better) than that of other licensed lawyers who are not users of our site. Past performance and success of any particular lawyer-user is no guarantee of future success or results.
- User information
- You acknowledge and understand that company cannot ensure nor does it make any representations or warranties regarding the security or privacy of information that you voluntarily provide through the internet and your email messages, and therefore that you release company, its officers, directors, employees, exclusive independent contractors, and representatives from any and all liability in connection with the use or misuse of such information by other parties.
- You further acknowledge and understand that company does not control the content of any information, messages, communication or other materials posted or uploaded by users of the public areas of any of company's website and that company does not guarantee or vouch for the accuracy or truthfulness of any messages, communication, information or content of any kind which has been posted, uploaded or provided by other users of the public areas. Consequently, you agree to release company, its officers, directors, employees, exclusive independent contractors, and representatives from any and all liability and responsibility in connection with the content of any information, messages, communication or other materials you may receive from other users of the public areas.
- Personal communications
- You acknowledge and agree that company shall not be responsible or liable to you or anyone you permit to use your login credentials in any way for any damage or injury which you may sustain, including without limitation any physical damage or injury of any kind, from any communication, contact or meeting, whether in person, by telephone, email or by or through any other means, resulting directly or indirectly from any material or information which you have submitted to company for posting on any of company's websites, or from messages or communications sent or received by you or other persons through company's website, or by or through any other use, directly or indirectly, of the website.
- You further acknowledge and agree that company and its website do not screen any users of the website, has no control over their actions and makes no representations or warranties whatsoever with respect to the character, safety, identity, veracity, age, health, license, practice area, location or any other attribute of users or other users of the website.
- You further acknowledge and agree that the company and the website does not endorse, encourage, recommend, promote or arrange communications or meetings among or between users or other users of the website, or any other persons, and you are expected to use common sense and take appropriate measures and precautions to ensure your own personal safety and privacy in the event that you unilaterally choose to communicate with, or meet with any person with whom you have communicated with or encountered, either directly or indirectly through the use of the public areas.
- Consequently, you agree to release company, its officers, directors, employees, exclusive independent contractors, and representatives from any and all liability and responsibility in connection with the content of any information, messages, communications, contracts, agreements, representations or anything else you may receive from other users of company's website, or from any contact, encounter or meeting with any person or persons directly or indirectly resulting from or related to your use of the company's website.
- Limitation of liability
- The materials on mylawsuit.com websites and all services provided to you byuse thereof are provided on an "as is" basis without any express or implied warranty of any kind. No warranty is made by company, or should be implied, regarding any information, services, products, number of cases posted, lawyers responding, qualifications, partner referrals, materials or products provided through or by company or by any participating web sites, and company hereby expressly disclaims any and all warranties, including without limitation: any warranties as to the availability, accuracy, or content of materials, information, products, or services on any participating web sites; any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Some states do not allow exclusions of an implied warranty, so this disclaimer may not apply to you and you may have other legal rights that vary from state to state or by jurisdiction but to this paragraph should be applied to the full extent of the law wherever possible.
- Company does not guaranty or warrant the compatibility of the user's equipment, computer or software, including but not limited to, the type of computer, computer configuration, browser software, other software, or online service.
- In the event that the participating website or the company, its owners, officers, employees, exclusive independent contractors, or agents, are found liable for any failure to perform, error, omission, interruption, defect delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure or under any other cause or action, said liability shall be strictly limited to the lesser of one hundred dollars ($100.00) per infraction or the amount of fees received by mylawsuit.com paid by or on behalf of the user to company for the preceding month. Some states do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
- Under no circumstances and under no cause of action or legal theory, shall company, its suppliers, licensees, re-sellers or other users or their suppliers, licensees re-sellers or users be liable to you or any other person for any direction, special, incidental, punitive or consequential damages of any character including, without limitation, damages for loss goodwill, work stoppage, computer failure or malfunction, any interruption in service or inability of user to access participating websites due to technical difficulties or failure of the internet, world wide web, phone lines, switching or any and all other commercial damages resulting from accessing, viewing or using any use of materials of a participating website even if, in any such case, company has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
- Company shall in no event be liable to you or any third party for any loss resulting from any failure to perform its obligations under this agreement because of acts of god, nature, any government agency(ies), war, civil disturbance, labor disputes or shortages, electrical or mechanical breakdowns, breakdowns or changes in partner services, inability or refusal of a common carrier to provide communications capabilities, or any other cause beyond company's direct control, including but not limited to, the issuance of an injunction or seizure order by a court of competent jurisdiction prohibiting company from carrying on its day-to-day operations as contemplated under this agreement or an order by any regulatory, administrative, judicial or legislative body, which shall temporarily suspend or permanently terminate company's ability to provide you with services pursuant to this agreement.
- Company does not screen or endorse the content of any participating website, or any advertisements or communications submitted to the participating websites by third-party licensees, advertisers, or users for electronic dissemination through the participating web sites. Some of the content of the participating web sites might be accessed by you via hyperlinks which will connect you to third parties, or to third-party web sites that may provide content to the participating web site. Company has no editorial control or supervision over selection or display of the content provided by those third parties or those third-party web sites and those parties are solely responsible and liable for the content.